Always on point for setting new records, Dubai’s latest attempt is to notch one for the world’s largest fountain. This is also a case of making and breaking one’s own records, for the current title in the Guinness Book of World Records is held by the Dubai Fountain on the Burj Khalifa Lake.
Scheduled to launch on 22 October, The Palm Fountain will be an extravagant display of synchronised water jets, music and lights. This installation, spread across 14,000 sqft of seawater at the Pointe waterfront, is yet another option to keep visitors spoiled for choice at Palm Jumeirah’s entertainment boulevard, which features over 80 dining, retail and leisure options.
This musical fountain will harness lights, water jets and a wide selection of songs ranging from contemporary pop to Khaliji music as well as DJ sets to create an audio-visual spectacle.
- The Palm Fountain’s tallest jet will go upto 105 metres in the air.
- As many as 3,000 LED lights will create a multicoloured visual spectacle.
- There are 20 shows that have been created with synchronised lights, music and water jets.
- Five daily shows will run at 30-minute intervals between 7pm and midnight.
- Guests can register for the launch event here, as the Palm Fountain will shoot into the sky and attempt to create a new Guinness world record.